Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Calgary Stampin' Up Regional!!!

Today is a Stampin' Up Regional event here in Calgary and I am very excited to be attending.   Whenever I go to a Stampin' Up event one of my favourite parts is the SWAP!  I always make a bunch of cards and then take them to swap with other Stampin' Up Demos and Customers.   This year I made 50 myself and my client Nicole made 50 more.   She and I will end up with a lot of samples  from other card makers so it is a great way to share creativity.

Take a look and what I am bringing...

This card is the one I made for my swaps.  I did change it a little bit from what you see but overall it looks the same.
Recipe ...
Riding Hood Red - base
Early Espresso Layer (here it is Crumb Cake) - 4 x 5 1/4
Very Vanilla Layer - 3 3/4 x 5
         Embossed with the Vine Street Embossing Folder
         Aged with Crumb Cake Ink and a sponge
On Vanilla I stamped the Phone Booth (Feeling Sentimental) in Riding Hood Red and cut it out with an Oval Framelit then aged the edges with Crumb Cake.  
Also on Vanilla I stamped the "hello" (Pretty Petites) in Riding Hood Red or Espresso and added it to the oval with Bakers Twine in Red or Espresso.  To add the twine I used a glue dot on the front and scotch tape on the back.  I then added the oval to the card with dimentionals.




This card I made for a challenge a long time ago and Nicole liked it so much she wanted to recreate it for her swaps.  (She did not add the sentiment so that others could use it as they saw fit).
Recipe ...
Whisper White -Base
Tempting Turquoise Layer - 3 1/2 x 4 3/4
Whisper White Layer - 3 1/4 x 4 1/2
        Embossed with the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Tempting Turquoise DSP Pinwheel using the new Pinwheel Die and a small silver brad.
Crumb Cake "stick" - 1/8 x 2
Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon added with a wrinkle to it so it looks like it is blowing in the wind!

Nicole's swaps are a little different from the picture as she switched the DSP and Card Stock but I like her version better.


Well I am off to the convention center!   I hope to post some updates from the event on my Facebook page so keep your eyes out. 

Have a great weekend.

Janet Y

janetyates@shaw.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...