Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back to School Surprise

I bought some of those little hand sanitizers for my daughter to take in her backpack so when I was thinking about a special treat for her on her first day I thought I would create a little 3x3 card and box for the hand sanitizer.   This is what I came up with ...


 The dimensions for the little box are as follows ...

Card Stock 4 3/4 x 7 5/8

On long side score at 3 1/4 and 4 3/8 (sorry there is a pencil mark in the diagram below that has no meaning so please ignore it!)

On the short side score at  1/2, 1 5/8,  3/18,  and 4 1/4.

Cut out the excess flaps and pieces as shown below (top side is cut out already and the bottom side is shaded.)

You can put a window in using framelits (unfortunately I do not have many of the SU framelits yet so I used a Non SU one).  I think the Apothecary Accents Framelits have one or two that would work or the bitty banners, as well as the Lots of Tags Sizzlits.  I added a window sheet on the inside too.


 The lid is 2 x 1 5/8 scored on all sides at 1/4.  I cut two tabs to glue to the flaps to make the front and cut off the other two tabs and glued the back piece into the original box.

I hope that is clear! Please email me if you have any questions.

This card is a 3x3 and I used the wonderful Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set and the Cannery Set Framelits!  So much easier than cutting!!

The colours used are Gumball Green, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black and Whisper White
Inside the card I used the Family Reunion Stamp Set.






So here in Calgary Back to School is Tuesday morning and I have to say part of me is excited about getting the kids back to school but I am not looking forward to all of the running around this year!!  Hope you are enjoying the Back to School Season!


Thanks for looking!
Janet Y

3 comments:

  1. This is the cutest little box for the sanitizers, I really love it and your "apple/teacher" theme too! Thanks so much for the instructions and for sharing! Love it! Warmly, Donna (pug; SC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest little box ever! I tried making one, but the instructions seem to be a bit off..some of the measurements are incorrect. I fixed them up when I made it and it turned out great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. If this week ever slows down I will try to double check the measurments. I am so glad you like it. Let me know if you have posted a photo of yours I would love to see it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...