Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Thanksgiving Bird House - Centrepiece

I know what you are thinking .. Thanksgiving is a long way away.  It really is not.  It is only about 7 weeks away here in Canada!  Can you believe it!?

I spent a good part of Friday last week working on this adorable bird house for our Thanksgiving Centrepiece.  Some of the stamping is from ALL NEW stamp sets in this years Holiday Catalogue.  

I got the bird house at Michaels Craft Store, it was unpainted so I started with painting it in the brown/orange fall colours that you see here.  Once dry I added the flower garden and roof decorations.  This is where I spent most of my time but I love how it turned out so it was worth it.  

The wreath and pumpkins were stamped with the Wondrous Wreath and Fall Fest Stamp sets. I added some punched out birds, embellishments such as the leaves (got to love that bird punch) and button, to finish the look.

I hope you like it.


 The flowers were made using a small scallop punch, the retired boho blossom punch and the wonderful all new fringe scissors. I added leaves using the bird builder punch.






For the sunflowers I used the retired Boho blossom punch again and a 1/2" circle punch. I sponged in some colour and used my piercing tool on the center to look like seeds.   "Give Thanks" is from the stamp set "Good Greetings" a hostess set and is framed in gold card stock.



The wreath is from the new "Wondrous Wreath" set but I did cut down the wreath to fit on this bird house. The original is almost double the size.  A little linen thread finished the look.

This was so fun to create.  I cannot wait to share it with my family at Thanksgiving. 

Have a wonderful day.





3 comments:

  1. This is adorable Janet. The details are spot on. Little bird condo. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest birdhouse I have ever seen! I have to make one too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...