Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Easter Treat box - Tutorial

It is finally looking like spring in Calgary, warm weather and melting snow!  I was outside in a T-shirt today and it was AMAZING!!   So with spring comes Easter.  Last year I had some cute little Easter treats that I gave the girls.  They were a combination of treat box and easel card.  Recently I have had a couple of inquires about how I made this fun little treat!   So here we are.  A quick little "How To."


 Above is a picture of the treats I made last year.   I used the Matchbox Die (now retired) and added a cute little easel card on top.

If you did not get the Matchbox Die, don't worry, I have some dimensions below to create your own.

 First lets re-create the punch art bunny.  I found this bunny on Dawn Olchefske's blog, DOstamping with Dawn.  I had to cut him down to fit the card.  I missed the heart in this picture but I got it from the Owl Builder Punch and the whiskers are cut from a scrap piece of card stock.
Once your bunny is put together you can fold down the ear to make him even cuter!   I drew a little line below his nose.







 Dimensions for the the easel card:

5 x 2
scored at 2 1/2  and 3 1/2


If you have a Matchbox Die, use it!  It is so easy and quick.   If not here are the dimensions:

Base: 4 3/4 x 5 1/4
Score on all sides at 5/8 and 1 3/8  then cut away the sections shown and create your tabs.

Top (wraps around base):
2 1/2 x 6 1/2
Scored at 3/4, 2 7/8, 3 5/8,
5 3/4

Adhere the box together to create a base section and wrap-around.  See Below.  


I filled the box with chocolate Easter eggs.   Any punch art would work on the cover or even a great little stamp.     If you do not have the punches for this bunny than check Pinterest for other options as there are many different punch art bunnies.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions or comments please let me know. Have a great day.






1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...