Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sneak Peek - 2012/2013 Catalogue

Well we are just 2 short weeks away from the new Stampin' Up Catalogue and I am super excited about all the wonderful new stamp sets and DSP!  My wish list is long and I will really have to think about what I am going to order in June.  In the meantime I made a set of cards with a new stamp set called "Papaya Collage"  as you know I like my cards to be simple and elegant and these 3 cards are totally my style.    Hope you like them.  


Butterflies never seem to get old when it comes to paper crafting. Maybe because they can come in so many shapes, sizes and colors, or maybe because they are associated with spring and summer and who does not love the wonderful warm weather of summer!

This little cutie is no exception.  Papaya Collage is a really elegant set with a bit of an antique feel to it, this is not usually my style but I really liked the bird in it.  Bird you say??  Well as you can see as much as I liked the bird I ended up loving the butterfly!
Go figure (it's summer).

 All 3 cards have at least 2 of the 2012-2014 In Colors:
Midnight Muse (my new fav)
Gumball Green
Summer Star fruit
Primrose Petals and
Raspberry Ripple

 Above:  This card was scored along the bottom, it does not show up well in the photo but I scored it at every 1/8th of an inch. 

To the Right:  This card was cut along the top to highlight the butterfly and again I backed my Punched Tag to create a border.  The stamp used in the middle was from the Four Frames set that will be in the new Caddy.

Below/Top: I included a close of this card to give you a better look at the In Colors.  Again I scored the bottom at every 1/8th of an inch to create texture and I used my In Color Marks to create a fun little border under the butterflies.  Did you know the SU markers have a brush end and a fine tip for journaling?

I hope you like the cards and you are as excited as I am about the new catalogue!  For your copy or to place an order; contact me at janetyates@shaw.ca

Janet Y

3 comments:

  1. OK! Wow! new reader lured here from Stampin' Connections--these are lovely. I did not pre-order Papaya Collage and now I have to. I blame you "Grin" Seriously, these are home run hits. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also just subscribed to your blog. I promise I am not a stalker, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the butterfly dancing across the paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...